Friday, September 30, 2011

Review Of Abyss of Chaos by David Beem

Abyss of ChaosAbyss of Chaos by David Beem

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The year was 1981, I was sixteen and I remember sitting in the balcony of the movie theater and watching spell-bound as Indiana Jones fought his way across the big screen in an epic story that grabbed me by the throat and wouldn’t let go. It was Raiders of The Lost Ark and I watched that movie at least fifteen times over the next year. To this day it is one of my favorite films.



I had a serious case of déjà vu as I cracked the pages of David Beem’s new thriller, Abyss of Chaos. I was instantly transported back in time to those days in the theater balcony and I soon realized I was off on another roller coaster, rock and roll ride. This is just plain fun and can’t put it down reading.

And when you add in the deft handling of historical information layered upon modern issues and dangers the world faces right now, it adds up to a masterful job of storytelling and writing.



Daivd has managed to create characters that we root for and those we would pull the trigger on ourselves if we could. But the best part is there is more to come. This is the first book in a series of stories that the author is working on and I for one can’t wait for the next one.





View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Oh goody! Bought it, but haven't read it yet. Might have to bump it up on the queue.

    ReplyDelete